The mission of the camera registration program is to work in partnership with the community to enhance the quality of life in the City of El Paso. Identifying businesses and residences with video surveillance systems that may have captured police-related incidents in publicly viewed areas around their businesses and homes, will help us solve and deter crime. Police investigators may contact you by the prescribed method on your registration form to inquire if evidence has been recorded on your system. Police may request a copy of that recording. You are not obligated to turn over any recording and may decline to do so. Participation in the registration program is voluntary and without remuneration and may be withdrawn at any time. By completing the camera registration form you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. You are the owner or an authorized representative of the owner to participate in the camera registration program.
2. Registrants shall not consider themselves employees, agents, representatives or under the direction of the City of El Paso or the El Paso Police Department.
3. Video or images captured may be used in criminal proceedings as evidence.
4. You are fully responsible for your own video surveillance system and assume all risk and liabilities associated with operating said system.
5. You agree to hold the City of El Paso, Texas and the El Paso Police Department harmless of your participation in the camera registration program.